Whether you’re in a wheelchair temporarily due to an injury or surgical procedure recovery, or you’ve used one for years—or even if you have a desk job and simply tend to do a lot of sitting every day—it’s important to do what you can to stay active and keep yourself healthy and happy. There are lots of great chair exercises in Napa County, CA that can help improve strength, increase mobility and boost flexibility. Keep reading to learn about some of the best chair exercises to strengthen your core and improve your overall wellbeing.
Chair exercises in Napa County, CA
Core strengthening in a chair in Napa County, CA is very important when it comes to long-term health and wellness. Here are a few of the best chair exercises to keep yourself healthy and to improve your strength and mobility:
- Shoulder strengthening: Shoulder strengthening exercises can improve posture, reduce back pain and increase comfort while sitting. Start by putting your arms out in front of you with your hands facing down. Close your fists as though you’re holding onto a dumbbell or bicycle handles. Next, bend your elbows up and bring your arms back until they are behind your shoulders. Repeat this several times to improve shoulder strength and warm up the arms and back.
- Toe stretches: Toe stretches reduce foot pain and boost circulation. To stretch your feet, extend your legs out in front of you and lift your toes up toward the ceiling. From this position, point your toes toward the floor to stretch the top of your foot.
- Chest exercises: Grab a medicine ball, basketball or balloon and hold it up to your chest. Begin squeezing the ball to work out your chest muscles. Begin pushing the ball out away from your chest while squeezing it for an even more effective workout. Repeat this exercise for several repetitions to maximize strength building.
- Core twists: Core twists are great for strengthening the abs while stretching out the spine, neck and lower back. Sit up straight and hold your elbows at your side while extending your forearms out in front of you. Begin turning slowly to one side, twisting as far as you comfortably can. Once you’ve reached the end of your twist, hold the position for a few seconds before slowly twisting in the other direction.
- Knee lifts: Begin knee lift exercises by sitting up straight in your chair with your feet on the ground or on a short stool directly in front of you. Bring your knees up one at a time, lifting your leg slowly and bringing your knee as high up as you comfortably can. Alternate legs and repeat the exercise at least 10 times for the best results.
Core strengthening in a chair in Napa County, CA
At Focus Forward Wellness & Physical Therapy, we are committed to helping our patients achieve the best health and wellness outcomes possible. No matter your health history, we are here to ensure you receive the individualized care you need to improve your physical health. Call us today to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced physical therapists.
Categorised in: Exercise
This post was written by Writer