Five Reasons to Follow a Healthy Diet When Getting Help from a Wellness Clinic in Napa County, CAMarch 23, 2017 2:07 am Leave your thoughts
There’s a part of physical therapy and rehabilitation that doesn’t get talked about nearly enough: that a piece of the healing puzzle involves good nutrition. When you eat healthy, not only are you nourishing your body, you’re also powering your brain. And with total body wellness services from Focus Forward Wellness & Physical Therapy, you don’t have to do it alone. Here are five good reasons to follow a healthy diet when getting help from a wellness clinic in Napa County, CA:
- Health: To be healthy both inside and out, you need to eat right. You cannot function properly without essential nutrients on a daily basis. When going through physical therapy, it’s crucial to be as focused as possible on healing. That also means you need to have strength. If you are receiving physical therapy or rehabilitation services, it’s crucial that you change the way you eat to avoid hindering your progress. Dropping fast foods, processed foods, sugary drinks and alcohol from your diet is a great start.
- Wellbeing: Your quality of life does not have to diminish after serious injury or illness. To make sure this does not happen, work with a certified nutritional therapist to guide you through the best nutrition and supplementation for you—this in addition to regular physical therapy sessions, of course, because your wellbeing is dependent on good physical and mental health.
- Faster healing: One of the reasons why you’ve decided to use physical health and mental wellness clinic services is because you want to heal your body and mind. You go to all your physical therapy appointments; you stick to regular at-home movement exercises; you make sure to take your prescriptions on time. But if you are to truly heal, then you must nourish your body on the inside as well. Consider consulting with a certified nutritionist to ensure a speedy recovery.
- Prevent disease: It’s not unusual for someone whose body is weakened to develop disease. This can include hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, cancer and obesity, or diseases that cause the muscles to waste away. The good news is that you can better avoid such outcomes by simply changing the way you view food, and by eating more real whole foods, less processed junk. Through proper nutrition, you can improve your body and mind and kick-start your new healthy lifestyle.
- Weight control: Unfortunately, it’s easy for the scale to go one way or the other when your movement becomes impaired. Whether you are overweight or underweight, undergoing physical therapy and rehabilitation after an illness or injury might get you thinking about your diet. Are you eating too much? Too little? Are you getting the right nutrients to sustain your body? Have a professional help you come up with an eating plan that includes mostly fresh whole foods so you bounce back with pride.
Not only is a healthy diet necessary for a strong body and an alert mind, it’s also key to overall healing after trauma. For the best wellness clinic in Napa County, CA, look no further than Focus Forward Wellness & Physical Therapy. Call us today!
Categorised in: Wellness Clinic
This post was written by Writer