Physical therapy is the process of treating strained or damaged muscles, joints and bones through targeted exercises and manual manipulation. Most people know that after suffering from a serious accident or long-term illness, physical therapy will be an essential part of the recovery process. Many people don’t realize, however, that physical therapy can also help people with problems like chronic low-grade pain and other conditions.
Determining whether or not physical therapy is actually right for you is largely dependent on your personal symptoms. In many cases, however, there are a number of physical therapy benefits in Napa County, CA that are hard to overlook.
Whether you’re suffering from the after-effects of a car accident or are dealing with fibromyalgia, there are a number of reasons that you might want to seek out the help of a qualified physical therapist. Here are just some of the many physical therapy benefits in Napa County, CA that you might want to take advantage of:
- Improves mobility: People of all ages suffer from reduced mobility for a variety of reasons. Whether you’ve recently been in a car accident or all of those years behind a desk are finally catching up to you, there are a number of benefits you’ll experience when you opt to work with a physical therapist with the goal of improving your mobility.
- Enhances stroke recovery: There are few things harder on the human body than suffering from a stroke. Often, stroke survivors suffer from slurred speech, chronic pain and reduced mobility for the rest of their lives. Physical therapists, however, can help stroke survivors improve their long-term health outcomes through targeted exercise and direct manipulation.
- Manages diabetes and other vascular conditions: People suffering from diabetes often lose sensation in their extremities because of a lack of circulation. Physical therapy, however, is a great way to keep the blood flowing throughout the entire body. Physical therapy can help mitigate the long-term effects of diabetes and other vascular conditions.
- Reduces likelihood of sports injury: Everyone knows somebody who’s gone to physical therapy because they’ve experienced a sports injury. Visiting a physical therapist before you suffer an injury, however, can help you ensure an injury doesn’t occur in the first place!
- Helps with pain management: Chronic pain conditions cause people to experience significantly reduced quality of life. Investing in physical therapy, however, is a great way for chronic pain patients to improve their quality of life and reduce the pain they experience on a daily basis.
For more than a decade, Focus Forward Wellness & Physical Therapy has been among the most trusted providers of physical therapy in Northern California. We’re proud to help our patients uncover the numerous physical therapy benefits in Napa County, CA. We are licensed therapists specializing in integrative manual therapy (IMT), a unique type of physical therapy that emphasizes manual manipulation.
To learn more about the ways our distinctive approach to therapy can help you optimize your quality of life, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today.
Categorised in: Physical Therapy
This post was written by Writer