Tips to Help You Get the Most Out of Your Physical Therapy in Napa County, CAJuly 10, 2019 7:01 pm Leave your thoughts
Physical therapy is an important process for you to rehabilitate your body after you’ve suffered an injury, whether in sports, an accident or due to any other reason. Of course, physical therapy must extend beyond the sessions you have with your therapist. There are a number of strategies you can employ to help you get the absolute most out of your appointments.
With this in mind, here are a few tips to help you see the best results from your physical therapy in Napa County, CA:
- Actually do your exercises: You’d be amazed at how many people complain they’re not getting positive results out of their physical therapy sessions, but then admit to not actually doing the exercises they’re supposed to be doing at home. Your physical therapist assigns you this “homework” because it’s a crucial part of your recovery. Neglecting to perform those exercises will, at best, delay your recovery, so make sure you follow your therapist’s orders to the letter and add those exercises to your daily routine.
- Ask questions when you have them: If you ever have any questions or need anything clarified, feel free to ask your physical therapist and they’ll be happy to provide you with more information. It’s always a good idea to have a solid understanding of the purpose of every exercise, how to properly perform each exercise and what each exercise should feel like. This will give you a better understanding of your recovery process in general, as well as how you can most effectively perform each exercise to aid in your recovery.
- Speak up when concerns arise: If you start to have difficulty performing certain exercises or begin to feel new pains or sensations, it’s important you raise these concerns with your physical therapist as soon as possible. This will allow them to adjust your exercise and therapy regimen as needed. Of course, if you reinjure yourself, you should seek urgent care, but other general aches and pains should first be reported to your physical therapist. Keep in mind that there may be some normal discomfort associated with performing some of the exercises.
- Keep your physician updated as well: Your regular physician will want to remain apprised of your physical therapy process, so keep them updated on how you’re doing. Schedule follow-up appointments as needed and take any advice they have that could aid you in recovering from your injury.
- Stick with it: Physical therapy and recovery from injury can be a long, drawn-out process. It might not feel like you’re seeing results immediately, but that’s completely normal. Your physical therapist is highly trained and knows what must be done to get your body feeling right again. You must stick with it, know that you’re not going to see immediate results and develop a support system that can keep you going when things get tough, because the only other option is that you don’t recover.
These are just a few things to keep in mind to help you get the most out of your physical therapy in Napa County, CA. For more information, or to schedule an appointment at Focus Forward Wellness & Physical Therapy, we encourage you to contact us today.
Categorised in: Physical Therapy
This post was written by Writer