Joint manipulation is one of the oldest forms of healthcare known to mankind, and it’s still used today by chiropractors around the world. While many dismiss chiropractic care, it’s demonstrated to be an effective form of treatment for a wide range of ailments. If you’re struggling with insomnia, whiplash or chronic pain, you may want to consider the benefits of joint manipulation as performed by a highly qualified professional.
Manual manipulation of the joints and spine is called manual therapy in Napa County, CA. By manipulating certain joints, healthcare practitioners can reduce levels of pain and inflammation, as well as adjust the central nervous system itself. The nervous system travels through the spine, meaning that spinal joints are directly connected to the spinal column and the attached central nervous system.
While few research studies demonstrating the effectiveness of manual therapy exist, there is strong anecdotal evidence that supports it. Here are just a few ailments that can be effectively treated by manual therapy in Napa County, CA:
- Degenerative disc disease: This is a serious condition that can cause a tremendous amount of pain. Degenerative disc disease is caused when the discs in the back rub against each other too aggressively, resulting in degradation of the discs and the tissue that they protect.
- Lower back pain: Whether it’s caused by inflammation in the coccyx or another condition, lower back pain is no joke. If you’re experiencing lower back pain, you should consider investing in chiropractic care. Manual therapy in Napa County, CA is a great tool to use to treat most types of lower back pain.
- Sciatica: When the sciatic nerve becomes compressed by the joint surrounding it, it can become extremely uncomfortable and painful. That’s why manual manipulation of the joint can be an effective treatment for sciatica. In fact, manipulation is likely the most effective form of treatment for sciatica.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a serious condition usually caused by falls and automotive accidents. If you’re suffering from whiplash, you should visit a chiropractor or healthcare provider capable of providing manual therapy in Napa County, CA. They can help alleviate the symptoms of whiplash using joint manipulation.
- Cervicogenic headaches: Caused by referred pain from the neck, cervicogenic headaches can impact your life in serious ways. If you’re suffering from cervicogenic headaches or other types of migraines, you should visit a chiropractor for help. They can use manual therapy in Napa County, CA to help move the joints associated with your pain.
Since 2008, Focus Forward Wellness & Physical Therapy has been a trusted source of manual therapy in Napa County, CA. We’re proud to provide each of our patients with specialized treatment services that account for their individualized needs. If you are hoping to reap the benefits of a holistic healthcare regimen, reach out to one of our friendly representatives today. We’re here to support our patients in their healthcare journey, and our team members are capable of working with people of all backgrounds and health needs. Contact or visit us to learn more!
Categorised in: Manual Physical Therapy
This post was written by Writer