You’ve probably heard that knowledge is power, but actually putting this principle into practice can sometimes be easier said than done. Lots of patients who begin physical therapy treatment for pain, mobility or physical rehabilitation in Napa County, CA neglect to gather the information they should before beginning work with a physical therapist. When it’s administered safely and professionally, physical therapy can be a wonderful treatment that gives you lasting results. However, choosing the wrong physical therapist may leave you with lingering problems and may even exacerbate the issues that you’re experiencing. Ask these questions of your physical therapist when you meet with them so that you can feel confident in the treatments you’re receiving:
- What’s involved in a physical therapy session? It’s always helpful to know what to expect from your physical therapy appointments. Find out how long the appointment will be, what you will be asked to do and what kind of information you will need to provide during your first appointment. All of this information gives you a much better idea of what the appointment will look like and ensures that you will come prepared with all of the information you need to provide to your physical therapist.
- What are your guiding principles? Different physical therapists and physical therapy clinics have different views and philosophies when it comes to treatment. Ask about their guiding principles and treatment philosophies to help you determine whether it’s a good fit for your needs.
- What kinds of patients do you usually see? While no case is exactly the same, you should try finding a physical therapist who has seen patients with issues and concerns that are similar to yours. If you’re struggling with an ankle injury, for example, you might want to avoid a clinic that specializes in working with back injury patients.
- What do you ask of your patients? Physical therapy requires engagement and involvement from the patient in order to work the way it should. Ask what the expectations of you as a patient will be so that you can determine whether you are prepared to take on the demands of physical rehabilitation in Napa County, CA.
- What outcome do you expect from my treatment? There’s no way to know for sure how treatment will work for individual patients, but you should still ask about treatment outcomes so that you can set appropriate expectations. Be wary of a physical therapist who over-promises or who makes claims that are too good to be true. An experienced physical therapist knows that professional physical therapy can be incredibly effective, but there’s no way to guarantee a full recovery.
At Focus Forward Wellness & Physical Therapy, we are more than happy to answer any questions you have before starting treatment. Our professional team of licensed physical therapists understands that starting a new treatment plan can be challenging and stressful, and we’re here to make the whole process as simple and straightforward as possible. With years of experience and a dedication to patient outcomes, our team is here to walk you through every step of the rehabilitation process. Contact us to find out more about our services and get a consultation with one of our certified physical therapists.
Categorised in: Physical Rehabilitation
This post was written by Writer